Dulce et Decorum Est | Wilfred Owen
Check out this blog!
- First have the student read the poem quietly to themselves.
- Secondly, read it together. Recite it yourself and pause for extra emphasis.
- Have students refrain from asking questions on unknown vocab. We'll deal with that later on. First, the feel of the poem is important, next we'll deal with new words.
- Now have them watch the video, which has graphic images indeed. Warn them beforehand!
- After viewing the video talk about 'The Great War' and explain what it meant for English people as opposed to our WW2.
- Focus on the introduction of use of gas as a means of weaponry.