Heineken | The Candidate
This is a wonderful, small clip which I use a lot when we talk about how to apply for a job. Fun music, footie, humour: this viral has it all.
General discussion in twos, groups or as a class [or think, pair, share]
1. How should someone present themselves in a job interview?
2. What clothing should be worn to an interview? Describe a suitable outfit [male and female].
3. What about your CV or resume? What should you list on it? Mention 4 different categories.
4. Try to get into the role of employer. What is the first thing you pay attention to when the
candidate walks in?
5. Try to convince the employer why it is that they need to hire you. You are the best
suitable candidate because ...
6. Back to being the candidate. How can you make sure you stand out from other people?
Let's watch the clip and have a look now.
Answer the following questions while watching the viral:
01. How many applicants wanted to become an intern at Heineken?
02. What "weird" thing do they do during phase 1?
03. How does the interviewer "surprise" the candidates in the office?
04. Why is it important that they leave the office?
05. Where is the final test?
06. How does the music help the general feeling you get?