Ken Robinson | How to Escape Education's Death Valley
Check out this blog!
- Why are the British not reserved?
- When did he realize the Americans did know irony?
- In Native Americans, how high is the rate of drop-outs?
- What would the net gain be, if you halved the drop-out rate?
- "No child left behind" is based not on diversity but ...
- "Equal weight has to go to ..." Mention at least 2 things he says.
- How many kids are diagnosed as having some form of ADHD in the US?
- Children don't suffer from ADHD but they suffer from ___?
- What is the second principle in life?
- What things do great teachers also do, besides teaching?
- The role of the teacher is to facilitate ...
- "Testing is important but that should not be the dominant culture of education. They should be ___". What?
- When does Sir Robinson prefer a standard test, though?
- What's the third typical thing in humans?
- Which country often comes out on top in education?
- How many inhabitants does that country have?
- It's not comparable to the US but you can certainly compare it to ___?
- Which second thing do they do in that country where education does work?
- "Investing in professional development is not a cost, it's an ___. Which word does he use?
- What is the present / current approach to education?
- "There are conditions under which people ___". Which word does he use here?
- Describe alternative education: it's ___ and ___ and ___
- "Death valley is not dead, it's ___". What?
- What should the real role of leadership be?
- By the way, why do you think listening to this speaker is so nice? What does he do to keep your attention?
Your own opinion
- What do you like in your current education? What do you dislike?
- What is the first thing you would change if you had the chance?
- How do you get better motivated kids in Holland?
- Do you agree with any of Sir Robinson's claims? Which one[s]?
Feel free to drop any ideas on my desk regarding this topic. Maybe we can get into it a bit further.