Lizzie Velasquez | How Do You Define Yourself
One of the bravest people in the world: very worthwhile material to teach values.
Watch the videoclip and answer the following questions as best you can:
01. What does Lizzie mention is a benefit to being visually impaired?
02. Which fluid was absent when she was still growing inside her mum?
03. What did the doctors tell her mum Lizzie would never be able to do?
04. How did she look at herself when she was five?
05. What did she wear on her first day to school?
06. After she came home, which advice did her parents give her?
07. What are things Lizzie mentions that some people feel defines them?
08. Which central question does she pose to the audience?
09. How many views did the 8 second video of her have?
10. What awful thing did a complete stranger tell her?
11. What did that do to Lizzie? How did she respond?
12. Mention two of her goals in life.
13. Which ones has she accomplished already?
Take two minutes to think first and then, only then start to write down what defines you.
And is that in accordance with what you think should define you?
Do you know people who are defined by the 'wrong' things, from your perspective?
If so, what are they?
Which feeling lingers on after having watched Lizzie's tale?