Subcategorieën van deze categorie:CITO Listening Tips 'n Tricks, Cool Ted Talks, Watch Some TV, Music 'n Lyrics
Watch the documentary and answer the following questions:
01. Why does __________ suffer from hypochondria?
Because his dad __________.
02. Which food group is just as dangerous as smoking?
03. How many people die of cancer in the US per year?
04. A growing number of doctors is willing to point out that the cause of all the illness is __________.
05. Does sugar cause diabetes?
06. How many people die of cardiac disease?
07. Which meat is consumed the most?
08. Do people realize they become ill because of the food they eat?
09. Which is the most toxic [poisonous] the environment or the food?
10. Is milk necessary in our diet?
- What type of drug is chrystal meth?
- Which city is Louis in?
- What does Louis find sad in the drug house?
- Why does the lady take chrystal meth every day?
- What is a side effect on women when they use meth?
- Why do women become addicted?
- When Sentika cleaned on meth, really she was __________
- She can't go to her partner, because she might risk __________
- What is the word for injecting meth?
- What is a UC? Car?
- How old was Brett when his grandmother took over raising him?
- When do the kids go to sleep?
- Is the meth cooked in Fresno?
- How does Louis feel when they smoke meth in front of him?
- Louis apologizes for being negative. What does the guy say his house is like?
- What does Sentika give to her daughter?
- Why were the couple apart for 7 years?
- How did Diane feel Shen she got pictures of her kids?
- How did Louis start to feel after a few nights out on patrol?
- What does the policeman fear for the future?
- Warming up:
- 1. How much time do you spend on your phone per day?
- 2. Are there any moments that you feel you actually shouldn't be on your phone?
- 3. If your children were to use their phone the way you do, would you correct them?
- 4. Will we use our phones even more in the future? If so, what for, if not, why not?
- Now watch the TedTalk and answer these questions:
- 01. What is a common strategy in the business world?
- 02. When are the kids who attend the Waldorf School allowed to use screens?
- 03. Which question did Adam Alter ask himself?
- 04. When people are near the end of their life, which part do they talk about?
05. How many minutes of our free time do we spend on each apps that makes us unhappy?
- 06. What do these "unhappy-making" apps rob us of?
- 07. What did they do to the desks at a Dutch design firm?
- 08. Which activity takes place in the room after that?
- 09. Which reply do you get when you email a Daimler worker when they're on holiday?
- 10. What can happen to your life when you put your phone away?
- 11. What is his advice when you are on that long highway?
What did the speaker do to create an ultimate ted talk?
Why is the topic you choose important?
Why are topics like happiness, emotions, people and food the most popular in the audience?
What is said about the length of a TedTalk if you want to make your audience laugh or have a beautiful TedTalk?
It is okay for the speaker to ____. Finish this sentence.
What decides the most important thing on stage?
What does the ted-pad do?
Why was this speaker so succesful in this TedTalk?
1. While listening to the song, fill in the gaps.
2. While listening to the song, correct the spelling errors. There are 10 in total.
3. After you are done, check the assignment at the bottom.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’97
If I could offer you only one tip for the future,
sunscreen would be it.
The long term bennefits of sunscreen have been __________ by scientists
whereas the rest of my advice has no basis
more relyable than my own __________ experience
I will dispense this advice now.
Enjoy the power and beauty of your __________;
oh never mind;
you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have __________.
But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photoes of yourself
and recall in a way you can’t __________ now
how much possibility lay before you and how faboulous you really looked.
You’re not as fat as you imagine.
Don’t worry about the future;
or worry, but know that worrying is as efective as trying to solve an algebra __________ by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind;
the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.
Do one thing everyday that scares you [OR ...]
Sing [OR ...]
Don’t be __________ with other people’s hearts,
don’t put up with people who are __________ with yours.
Floss [OR ...]
Don’t waste your time on jelousy;
sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind
the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
Remember the compliments you __________ , forget the insults;
if you suceed in doing this, tell me how.
Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank __________.
Stretch [OR ...]
Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life
the most interresting people I know didn’t know at 22
what they wanted to do with their lifes,
some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t.
Get plenty of __________ .
Be kind to your knees,
you’ll miss them when they’re gone.
Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll have children, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll divorce at 40,
maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding annyversary
what ever you do, don’t __________ yourself too much
or berate yourself either
your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.
Enjoy your body, use it every way you can
don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it,
it’s the greatest __________ you’ll ever own...
Dance, [OR ...]
even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
Read the directions,
even if you don’t follow them.
Do NOT read beauty magazines,
they will only make you feel ugly.
Get to know your parents,
you never know when they’ll be __________ for good.
Be nice to your __________ ;
they are the best link to your past
and the people most likely to __________ with you in the future.
Understand that friends come and go,
but for the __________ few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in __________
because the older you get,
the more you need the people you knew when you were young.
Live in New York City once,
but leave before it makes you hard;
live in Northern California once,
but leave before it makes you soft.
Travel. [OR ...]
Accept certain __________ truths, prices will rise,
politicians will philander,
you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize
that when you were young prices were reasonable,
politicians were __________
and children respected their elders.
Respect your elders. [OR ...]
Don’t expect anyone else to support you.
Maybe you have a trust fund,
maybe you have a wealthy __________ ;
but you never know when either one might __________ .
Don’t mess too much with your hair,
or by the time you're 40, it will look __________ .
Be careful whose advice you buy,
but, be patient with those who supply it.
Advice is a form of __________ ,
dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal,
wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts
and __________ it for more than it’s worth.
But trust me on the sunscreen.
4. Choose one OR and add what you think will happen if you don't do what the singer advises you to do.
5. Compare your answer to your neighbour. Select one to pitch to the class.
01. Where is the meet?
02. Where is team Nebula's venue [=place]?
03. Which entertainment is chosen for Madame Tussaud's?
04. How can they boost their profit on the night itself?
05. Who is selling the most tickets at 35 pounds?
06. What does Dillon ask at the aquarium?
07. What does Paul say are the prices now?
08. What is the problem with the mermaid?
09. How does Paul feel when he hears what they sold the tickets for?
10. How does Dillon want the team to sell the tickets?
11. What does Paul do with the subteam?
12. What does Claude say he'd expect as food?
13. How long does it take to create a wax figure [doll]?
14. What does Claude have to say about the canapés? [food]
15. How was Trishna's tour?
16. What happens to Dillon's hot food?
17. What is Paul talking about with his guests?
18. What is Claude's comment after that?
19. What does Karen say the "Dillon"-party was like?
20. What was the main idea? To go for customer __________
21. Where did they fail to sell the tickets?
22. How much were Paul's tickets at first?
23. Which team won?
24. How does Jessica feel?
25. What was the average price of the losing team's tickets?
26. Lord Sugar didn't like a row [fight] right in front of the customers. How does Paul react?
27. What does Francis get blamed for?
28. How does Lord Sugar react to Paul about Jessica?
29. Lord Sugar talks to Paul: "he is showing his __________".
30. Who gets fired?
01. What was the goal in the Civil War?
02. What is the language spoken in the South?
03. What starts at the beginning of West Virginia?
04. How big is the coal mine?
05. What happens before a collapse?
06. Why aren’t stallions allowed to smell mares?
07. What’s pimping on a massive scale?
08. What surprises Stephen most at the auction?
09. Where do the bars at the window come from?
10. What’s Stephen doing at the end when he comments on the taste of a particular brandy?
11. What type of music making goes on here?
12. What’s the band’s name?
13. What’s the point of the body farm?
14. What does Stephen wonder, after seeing his first dead body?
15. How does Becca cope in her work?
16. What can insects tell you about a decomposing body?
17. What’s the bear doing?
18. What does Stephen think of the American landscape?
19. What is Gulla? Who speak it?
20. Why do some young people wear the confederate flag?
21. Why is Thanksgiving day celebrated?
22. What happens when Stephen clicks his teeth when he’s on the horse?
23. What’s remarkable about the two old ladies on the porch?
24. What’s more south, but not in the South anymore?
25. What does Stephen think of Miami?
26. Miami beach is different. In what style was it designed?
27. He is further south, but culturally and spiritually Florida is …?
28. What is the job of the gentlemen in the dance hall?
29. What will be Stephen’s first stop in Alabama?
30. What do the three parole people consider when the inmates get to plea their case?
31. Allegedly [apparently] many inmates have found … who?
32. The scale of the sports event indicates what?
33. To sum up America: preposterous, incredibly laughable, impressive, charming, ridiculous, expensive, overpopulated, ___________________.
[Start questions after 15 mins]
1. What does the team leader for the girls' team decide to do to / with the clothes?
2. Why is the boys' team leader having a hard time leading the team?
3. Why is it hard to find where the washing powder [detergent] should go?
4. Karen uses the word "banter". What does it mean here?
5. David is forced to change his tactics. How?
6. The girl in braces [Amy] seems to have her very own style of selling. What is it?
7. Karen comments on the boys' move from the shopping centre. What does she say?
8. What is Max' job / task during the car boot sale?
9. The boys end up selling all their bags for ... How much?
- What is the name of the girls' team?
- How is the team leader of the girls' team [Ashleigh] described?
- What was the end result for the boys?
- What is the winners' treat?
- What has been Patrick's task on this occasion?
- Who does Karren stick up for?
- Which two boys very nearly get into an argument?
- Lord Sugar has the final say. What does he base his decision on?
00. What’s the guy doing calling Billy in between?
01. How do the others respond to Steve playing over at funspot?
02. What’s the killscreen?
03. Why is Brian calling to other people the killscreen is coming up?
04. What does Steve Wiebe mean when he says about Brian Kuh: “he’s a disciple of Billy?”
05. What did the crowd do for Steve at the end of the game?
06. Steve Webie is now: what …?
07. Billy has kind of stolen Steve’s moment. How?
08. Is Steve allowed to see the tape?
09. What does the chief referee do?
10. What’s the big difference between Steve and Billy getting their record recognized?
11. What does Steve wonder about, regarding Billy’s scores?
12. Nine months later, Steve has been busy mainly with …
13. The Guinness Book of World Records works together with … which group?
14. What does hearing about Guinness do for Steve Wiebe’s motivation?
15. Walter Dey compares this rivalry between Billy and Steve with … name two examples.
16. What’s Steve’s wife afraid of?
17. Why isn’t Billy coming, says his friend Steve Sanders?
18. Even Walter Dey called Billy to tell him … what?
19. What have we not heard about Billy so far according to Steve Wiebe’s friend?
20. When he finally shows up, what does Billy do?
21. What’s the only thing Steve Wiebe wants?
22. After 3 days, Steve feels tired. He takes a break and goes …
23. After the tournament Steve gets a huge present. What is it?
24. What is the final world record and for whom?
It is estimated that in 2050 75% of the world population will reside in cities. And that's a challenge. Come find out more about megacities with Andrew Marr.
- What is the great story of our time?
- How many mega-cities are there? Mention 4.
- How many people arrive in Dhaka every year?
- How is Mexico City described?
- How many people will live in cities in the year 2050?
- How did Shanghai’s richest man make his money?
- How fast is Shanghai changing?
- What type of building is the Shard in London?
- Who is the highest man up?
- What does it seem, is it that new skyscrapers are trying to say?
- Who are at the top of those buildings?
- How much does the apartment Andrew is going to visit cost?
- How does the family who live in the slums feel about their home?
- Where does Musharaf come from?
- What happens to Andrew during the night? Which animals does he refer to?
- What is the “natural unit” for people to live in, in Andrew’s opinion?
- What does the specific symbol on Shanghai buildings mean?
- What happens to the old inhabitants of that part of the city?
- How many new houses are built on the edge of the city every month?
- Tokyo struggles with ___?
- What would it do to Andrew to live in such a “flat”?
- Tokyo is a city with very high ___ [not buildings!]?
- What can Tokyo do to some people, like it did to Ugo?
- Which type of events are rented people rented for the most?
- How is it that so many people get killed in Mexico city?
- What is the “up side” to the city?
- What is the purpose for some people to go to taco stands?
- Sunday is ___? And Andrew calls Mexico City a ___ place.
- Even London is now getting friendlier. How?
- London is more open, more ___?
- Sometimes you have to go far to know what __?
1: Who is Alan (Lord) Sugar?
2: What football club did he own?
3: Where does he live?
4: How rich do you have to be to live where Alan lives?
5: How many bedrooms does the house have?
6: What was the company called that Alan made?
7: How did Alan feel about his first big deal?
8: How much money did he make with this big deal?
9: What did the company make?
10: Wich (two) cars does he have?
11: What does his own license plate say?
12: Why does he pay 30M Dollars for a jet?
13: Why do people think that he is Australian?
14: What did Anne think about Alan buying the football club?
15: Why did everyone suddenly hate Alan?
16: What sort of restaurant did they go?
17: What does Alan think why their marriage survived for so long?
18: What did Anne think when she saw Alan for the first time?
19: What kind of game do Morgan and Alan play?
20: What television programme does Alan watch a lot?
21: How expensive is the blue/white bike?
22: What made Anne's dad decide that Alan was allowed to marry Anne?
23: What was the name of Alan's school?
24: What happened on the first day of school for Alan?
25: How did Alan get friends again?