What did the speaker do to create an ultimate ted talk?
Why is the topic you choose important?
Why are topics like happiness, emotions, people and food the most popular in the audience?
What is said about the length of a TedTalk if you want to make your audience laugh or have a beautiful TedTalk?
It is okay for the speaker to ____. Finish this sentence.
What decides the most important thing on stage?
What does the ted-pad do?
Why was this speaker so succesful in this TedTalk?
1. While listening to the song, fill in the gaps.
2. While listening to the song, correct the spelling errors. There are 10 in total.
3. After you are done, check the assignment at the bottom.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’97
If I could offer you only one tip for the future,
sunscreen would be it.
The long term bennefits of sunscreen have been __________ by scientists
whereas the rest of my advice has no basis
more relyable than my own __________ experience
I will dispense this advice now.
Enjoy the power and beauty of your __________;
oh never mind;
you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have __________.
But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photoes of yourself
and recall in a way you can’t __________ now
how much possibility lay before you and how faboulous you really looked.
You’re not as fat as you imagine.
Don’t worry about the future;
or worry, but know that worrying is as efective as trying to solve an algebra __________ by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind;
the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.
Do one thing everyday that scares you [OR ...]
Sing [OR ...]
Don’t be __________ with other people’s hearts,
don’t put up with people who are __________ with yours.
Floss [OR ...]
Don’t waste your time on jelousy;
sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind
the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
Remember the compliments you __________ , forget the insults;
if you suceed in doing this, tell me how.
Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank __________.
Stretch [OR ...]
Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life
the most interresting people I know didn’t know at 22
what they wanted to do with their lifes,
some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t.
Get plenty of __________ .
Be kind to your knees,
you’ll miss them when they’re gone.
Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll have children, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll divorce at 40,
maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding annyversary
what ever you do, don’t __________ yourself too much
or berate yourself either
your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.
Enjoy your body, use it every way you can
don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it,
it’s the greatest __________ you’ll ever own...
Dance, [OR ...]
even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
Read the directions,
even if you don’t follow them.
Do NOT read beauty magazines,
they will only make you feel ugly.
Get to know your parents,
you never know when they’ll be __________ for good.
Be nice to your __________ ;
they are the best link to your past
and the people most likely to __________ with you in the future.
Understand that friends come and go,
but for the __________ few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in __________
because the older you get,
the more you need the people you knew when you were young.
Live in New York City once,
but leave before it makes you hard;
live in Northern California once,
but leave before it makes you soft.
Travel. [OR ...]
Accept certain __________ truths, prices will rise,
politicians will philander,
you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize
that when you were young prices were reasonable,
politicians were __________
and children respected their elders.
Respect your elders. [OR ...]
Don’t expect anyone else to support you.
Maybe you have a trust fund,
maybe you have a wealthy __________ ;
but you never know when either one might __________ .
Don’t mess too much with your hair,
or by the time you're 40, it will look __________ .
Be careful whose advice you buy,
but, be patient with those who supply it.
Advice is a form of __________ ,
dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal,
wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts
and __________ it for more than it’s worth.
But trust me on the sunscreen.
4. Choose one OR and add what you think will happen if you don't do what the singer advises you to do.
5. Compare your answer to your neighbour. Select one to pitch to the class.
01. When does Lord Sugar want to meet the candidates?
02. Which field of business are they all in? Mention 2.
03. How much money has Lord Sugar already invested in previous winners?
04. What does Claude say about her performance?
05. What does Courtney say how Claude feels?
06. What does Claude say to Elana as to her character?
07. What is Courtney doing in the elevator?
08. Why did Grainne not show her business plan to anyone?
09. What is Jessica told about her manufacturing in the UK?
10. What does Claude say to Courtney?
11. What does Claude do after Courtney finally opens up?
12. Why is Jessica a bit hyped?
13. What is Courtney asked to draw?
14. What is Courtney's year salary?
15. What is Jessica's business name?
16. Which benefit does Elana's business have?
17. What is Grainne's problem?
18. What does Elana want next to the investment?
19. Does it help if you mention you are Lord Sugar's partner?
20. Who gets fired next?
21. Who is the first finalist?
01. How many weeks until the final?
02. Which product are they promoting this week?
03. What has to go together perfectly, in Karen's eyes?
04. What are they working on on the first day?
05. What are they doing in East London?
06. Which ingredient is weird in Elana's choice?
07. Which name does Courtney have for his gin?
08. What is happening with the colony gin team?
09. What does Courtney say about the taste?
10. Who will lead the first pitch with the girls?
11. What does Claude have to say about Courtney's pitch?
12. Elena says they'll taste __________.
13. What happens while Frances is presenting?
14. How does Courtney do on the Tesco pitch?
15. What happened on Trishna's pitch?
16. How does Courtney's team pitch do with the pubs?
17. How come the girls didn't answer the phone?
18. How did Giin do? How much did Giin get ordered?
19. What does Frances say should have happened on her team?
20. What did Trishna say to changing the colour?
21. Why does Groinne apologize to Trishna?
22. What does Trishna say to Frances?
23. Who does Lord Sugar fire?
01. Which world are they entering today?
02. What are they supposed to do today?
03. How are they dressed while working?
04. At what time do they leave the house?
05. Which point is Dillon making in the car?
06. What is Courtney pitching to Trishna?
07. For what occasion are the teams dressing up?
08. What does Trishna think of the name?
09. What is missing in Galactic Gordon's game logo?
10. When do they present their game? At what time?
11. What did they ask about the main character?
12. What did Sofian say about their own pitch? How did it go?
13. Why did Trishna choose Courtney as the subteam leader?
14. Lord Sugar is no gamer, but he understands massive __________.
15. What did Courtney do?
16. What does Courtney look like, in Karen's eyes?
17. How did Jessica do on the pitch?
18. Who is Coral Kid aimed at?
19. What did Sofian do wrong at the pitch?
20. Who got the interest of the experts? And the popular vote?
21. Dillon mentions what he thinks the problem was.
22. What is Dillon's critique of the logo?
23. Elana is quite critical about Sofian and Dillon: what does she say?
24. Lord Sugar criticizes the pitch. Who sets him straight?
25. Who gets fired?