What did the speaker do to create an ultimate ted talk?
Why is the topic you choose important?
Why are topics like happiness, emotions, people and food the most popular in the audience?
What is said about the length of a TedTalk if you want to make your audience laugh or have a beautiful TedTalk?
It is okay for the speaker to ____. Finish this sentence.
What decides the most important thing on stage?
What does the ted-pad do?
Why was this speaker so succesful in this TedTalk?
1. While listening to the song, fill in the gaps.
2. While listening to the song, correct the spelling errors. There are 10 in total.
3. After you are done, check the assignment at the bottom.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’97
If I could offer you only one tip for the future,
sunscreen would be it.
The long term bennefits of sunscreen have been __________ by scientists
whereas the rest of my advice has no basis
more relyable than my own __________ experience
I will dispense this advice now.
Enjoy the power and beauty of your __________;
oh never mind;
you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have __________.
But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photoes of yourself
and recall in a way you can’t __________ now
how much possibility lay before you and how faboulous you really looked.
You’re not as fat as you imagine.
Don’t worry about the future;
or worry, but know that worrying is as efective as trying to solve an algebra __________ by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind;
the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.
Do one thing everyday that scares you [OR ...]
Sing [OR ...]
Don’t be __________ with other people’s hearts,
don’t put up with people who are __________ with yours.
Floss [OR ...]
Don’t waste your time on jelousy;
sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind
the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
Remember the compliments you __________ , forget the insults;
if you suceed in doing this, tell me how.
Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank __________.
Stretch [OR ...]
Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life
the most interresting people I know didn’t know at 22
what they wanted to do with their lifes,
some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t.
Get plenty of __________ .
Be kind to your knees,
you’ll miss them when they’re gone.
Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll have children, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll divorce at 40,
maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding annyversary
what ever you do, don’t __________ yourself too much
or berate yourself either
your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.
Enjoy your body, use it every way you can
don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it,
it’s the greatest __________ you’ll ever own...
Dance, [OR ...]
even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
Read the directions,
even if you don’t follow them.
Do NOT read beauty magazines,
they will only make you feel ugly.
Get to know your parents,
you never know when they’ll be __________ for good.
Be nice to your __________ ;
they are the best link to your past
and the people most likely to __________ with you in the future.
Understand that friends come and go,
but for the __________ few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in __________
because the older you get,
the more you need the people you knew when you were young.
Live in New York City once,
but leave before it makes you hard;
live in Northern California once,
but leave before it makes you soft.
Travel. [OR ...]
Accept certain __________ truths, prices will rise,
politicians will philander,
you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize
that when you were young prices were reasonable,
politicians were __________
and children respected their elders.
Respect your elders. [OR ...]
Don’t expect anyone else to support you.
Maybe you have a trust fund,
maybe you have a wealthy __________ ;
but you never know when either one might __________ .
Don’t mess too much with your hair,
or by the time you're 40, it will look __________ .
Be careful whose advice you buy,
but, be patient with those who supply it.
Advice is a form of __________ ,
dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal,
wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts
and __________ it for more than it’s worth.
But trust me on the sunscreen.
4. Choose one OR and add what you think will happen if you don't do what the singer advises you to do.
5. Compare your answer to your neighbour. Select one to pitch to the class.
01. Where is the meet?
02. Where is team Nebula's venue [=place]?
03. Which entertainment is chosen for Madame Tussaud's?
04. How can they boost their profit on the night itself?
05. Who is selling the most tickets at 35 pounds?
06. What does Dillon ask at the aquarium?
07. What does Paul say are the prices now?
08. What is the problem with the mermaid?
09. How does Paul feel when he hears what they sold the tickets for?
10. How does Dillon want the team to sell the tickets?
11. What does Paul do with the subteam?
12. What does Claude say he'd expect as food?
13. How long does it take to create a wax figure [doll]?
14. What does Claude have to say about the canapés? [food]
15. How was Trishna's tour?
16. What happens to Dillon's hot food?
17. What is Paul talking about with his guests?
18. What is Claude's comment after that?
19. What does Karen say the "Dillon"-party was like?
20. What was the main idea? To go for customer __________
21. Where did they fail to sell the tickets?
22. How much were Paul's tickets at first?
23. Which team won?
24. How does Jessica feel?
25. What was the average price of the losing team's tickets?
26. Lord Sugar didn't like a row [fight] right in front of the customers. How does Paul react?
27. What does Francis get blamed for?
28. How does Lord Sugar react to Paul about Jessica?
29. Lord Sugar talks to Paul: "he is showing his __________".
30. Who gets fired?
01. What do they need to pack?
02. Where do they meet?
03. What does Karthik do wrong right away? Where does Karthik place Patrick?
04. Where do they go next?
05. What does Elana say about Karthik?
06. Which comment does Karen make regarding their behavior at the jetski?
07. Which middle range product do both teams want?
08. Why did team Nebula not get the jetski?
09. What do the changing robes cost?
10. What does Claude say about Grainne & Courtney? What are they kind of forgetting?
11. Why does Karthik not change his clothes?
12. What does Elana day to Dillon?
13. When will we find out about final takes?
-- The Boardroom --
14. Which mistake did the jetski couple make in the morning?
15. Did Elana sell anything?
16. How has Francis done in the Apprentice so far?
17. What does Karen say happened with the jetski?
18. How does the team value Francis as a team leader?
19. Who won?
-- go to 50" --
20. What does Claude say about Courtney?
21. What did Dillon get wrong?
22. Which word does Lord Sugar use for Karthak's performance?
23. What did Samuel do when selling?
24. What does Claude say to Samuel?
25. Who gets fired?
Start at 3'00"
01. Where are they meeting Lord Sugar?
02. How high is the Shard?
03. What is today's task?
04. What do the teams do first?
05. When does Courtney's team leave?
06. Where is Paul from? Which part of that city?
07. How much does the other team pay for the lenga?
08. Where are they buying the cigars?
09. How does Karen feel about the strategy they use?
10. Why can't Jessica buy any African soap?
11. What doesn't Courtney realize, according to Karen?
12. What is the price of Courtney's poster?
13. Do both teams make it back in time?
14. What is a rambutan?
15. What did Jessica use as a tactic to get the cigars?
16. What do cabbies in London train for?
17. Does Lord Sugar approve of the tactic used for the cigars?
18. What did the team think of Courtney's leadership skills?
19. What is the winners' prize?
20. How does Lord Sugar describe the soap issue?
21. What was the team's first strategy?
22. What did Sophien lack in team work?
23. Who gets fired in the end?