Care for a full English? How did that come into being anyway?
01. What can we find in a traditional English breakfast? Mention 3 things.
02. What is another name for it?
03. What time of the day can you eat "a full English"?
04. When were you supposed to eat first in the day in the Middle Ages?
05. Why was "meat" forbidden at first?
06. What are you not allowed to eat during "lent" [=vasten]?
07. Is pig keeping a lot of work?
08. How long would a mediaeval family have to make do with one pig?
09. What would be used to "cure" [=save] the pig in?
10. Was breakfast different according to which class you were in?
11. Which type of meat was the favourite kind of the English aristocracy?
12. The lady in the barn prepares the eggs in an old-fashioned way. How?
13. Where does the "omelet" come from?
14. The new way of cooking meant that __________ could be regulated better.
15. Who were the first to drink tea?
16. In which famous novel did the first sof-boilt egg appear?
17. How long would people go on hunting parties for?
18. Regarding breakfast; what could ladies also do?
19. After a late night at cards, where would the gentleman sleep?
Children will be the answer!
Check out this prize winning TEDtalk by Mr Oliver back in 2010. He has something to say; doesn't shy away from some shock tactics either. Wonderful and easy to use as a 45-minute activity. Easy to interrupt and ask the class about their experiences with obese people, illnesses related to bad eating habits etc.
1. How many Americans will die because of food during Jamie's talk?
2. What does food do, according to Jamie?
3. What have we "blessed" our children with, us adults today?
4. We worry about murder but we die because of ___?
5. How much is spent on obesity of the health budget every year?
6. How long has Jamie been trying to "work" on America?
7. How long does Brittany have to live?
8. How much does Justin weigh?
9. Who get hurt by obesity?
10. What does pastor Steve do?
11. Jamie explains the triangle of food. What has changed to the food in the last 30 years?
12. What is the biggest problem in the home now?
13. What was the purpose of schools originally?
14. How many kids eat school food every day?
15. Who runs the system of school food?
16. What is considered fast food? It's hand ___ . What?
17. We don't teach kids about ___?
18. Jamie has a solution: we have got to start teaching our kids ___?
19. What happens to the milk in the USA?
20. How much sugar is added in the milk?
21. Any judge in the world would find the person guilty of ___?
22. We have to reboot and make real change. How? What should supermarkets do?
23. What should the manufacturers of fast food do?
24. What should happen in schools? School meals?
25. You can care and be ___?
26. "If one person teaches 3 people how to cook something and they teach 3 of their mates, that only has to repeat itself ___ ...
27. How much does it cost per school to get fresh food in?
28. What word does Jamie use to describe the change?
29. What amazing things are happening already?
30. Why does Jamie "apologize" for telling them what to do?
31. Jamie wanted to stand before the "movers and shakers" and a month later ___
32. What is Jamie's wish?