Check out this blog!
Modal verbs 1 | assignment
Check out this blog
A. Fill in the appropriate modal verb
(will, shall, would, could, should, can, may, must, ought to, etc.)
- You _____ smoke in here.
- You _____ have to give up smoking.
- It’s too horrible, it _____ be true.
- Betsy said we _____ to give her a hand.
- Your grandmother _____ be at least a hundred years!
- You just said I _____ go for another ride!
- I _____ give up bungee-jumping, no matter what happens!
- This _____ have been prevented.
- I _____ get out of the car fast enough.
- I _____ think of a single thing that she _____ say.
B. Fill in the irregular verb
- She has _____ him five children. (baren)
- He put his arms around her and _____ her close to him. (trekken)
- A cold wind _____ across the lake from the north. (waaien)
- He _____ a doctor in 1992. (worden)
- The Clinton testimony will be _____ live on television. (uitzenden)
- Mother’s death has _____ a shadow on our lives. (werpen)
- She _____ into the room and turned on the television. (komen)
- How would you have _____ with problems like these? (behandelen)
- A new difficulty has _____ . (ontstaan)
- You will have to _____ between her and me. (kiezen)