This is a wonderful, small clip which I use a lot when we talk about how to apply for a job. Fun music, footie, humour: this viral has it all.
General discussion in twos, groups or as a class [or think, pair, share]
1. How should someone present themselves in a job interview?
2. What clothing should be worn to an interview? Describe a suitable outfit [male and female].
3. What about your CV or resume? What should you list on it? Mention 4 different categories.
4. Try to get into the role of employer. What is the first thing you pay attention to when the
candidate walks in?
5. Try to convince the employer why it is that they need to hire you. You are the best
suitable candidate because ...
6. Back to being the candidate. How can you make sure you stand out from other people?
Let's watch the clip and have a look now.
Answer the following questions while watching the viral:
01. How many applicants wanted to become an intern at Heineken?
02. What "weird" thing do they do during phase 1?
03. How does the interviewer "surprise" the candidates in the office?
04. Why is it important that they leave the office?
05. Where is the final test?
06. How does the music help the general feeling you get?
The environment is hot! Sustainability is trending. Well, there's nothing sustainable about Monsanto. Watch how they changed farmers' lives forever, and not for the better.
Watch the movie and while watching try to explain the following new vocabulary from the context:
Intro - 1'45"
Genetically engineered =
Quote: "Diversity is key to our survival". Please explain.
The Road To Industry
While watching this part try to deduct what the farmers all say has happened to their line of work.
In conclusion watch the rest of the film and talk together about what this means. Is this the way to
go? Should something be done? If so, what?
Or write an essay about this topic, using the movie as a basis.
Money, money, money. And US dollars, for that matter. Or rather, how ill-divided it all is. But that's not what we think!
Check out this blog!
Check out this blog!
Will everything become a game to us?
- Write a few sentences about the following statement [5 mins]
1. The use of social media like Instagram and Snapchat has had a huge impact on my life ...
- Now go ahead and do the same on the following statement [5 mins]
2. Instagram is just the beginning: the future is ...
Try to come up with new ideas, things you think may be in use in 5-10 years time. How will
we communicate with each other? Which 'new' ways will be completely normal? What new
things will we be doing that we simply do not find acceptable/thinkable now? Be creative!
- Let's talk about this! Who has really innovative thoughts on the matter? [5-10 mins]
- Watch the video now. http://bit.ly/2sHW618
[note to teacher: you may want to write down the previous statements on your board and keep
this assignment to yourself, reading the following questions before watching the video
might spoil the surprise and may influence their answers in the writing assignments]
Questions while / after watching:
- What kind of lenses is the main character wearing?
- And how did the world enter his eyes? What did it look like?
- At one point during the clip, he's watching tv, which commercial does he watch?
- List three things that happen during the date that the other person isn't aware of.
- She says: "On my last run, my sight crashed?" What does she mean?
- She freaks out at his place. Why? What does she call him?
- How will it end? Write down what you think will happen next and we'll talk about it.
[So, students can write down their own ending and the class can then discuss it]
Clip on Siri
And Gabriel Iglesias