00. What’s the guy doing calling Billy in between?
01. How do the others respond to Steve playing over at funspot?
02. What’s the killscreen?
03. Why is Brian calling to other people the killscreen is coming up?
04. What does Steve Wiebe mean when he says about Brian Kuh: “he’s a disciple of Billy?”
05. What did the crowd do for Steve at the end of the game?
06. Steve Webie is now: what …?
07. Billy has kind of stolen Steve’s moment. How?
08. Is Steve allowed to see the tape?
09. What does the chief referee do?
10. What’s the big difference between Steve and Billy getting their record recognized?
11. What does Steve wonder about, regarding Billy’s scores?
12. Nine months later, Steve has been busy mainly with …
13. The Guinness Book of World Records works together with … which group?
14. What does hearing about Guinness do for Steve Wiebe’s motivation?
15. Walter Dey compares this rivalry between Billy and Steve with … name two examples.
16. What’s Steve’s wife afraid of?
17. Why isn’t Billy coming, says his friend Steve Sanders?
18. Even Walter Dey called Billy to tell him … what?
19. What have we not heard about Billy so far according to Steve Wiebe’s friend?
20. When he finally shows up, what does Billy do?
21. What’s the only thing Steve Wiebe wants?
22. After 3 days, Steve feels tired. He takes a break and goes …
23. After the tournament Steve gets a huge present. What is it?
24. What is the final world record and for whom?
It is estimated that in 2050 75% of the world population will reside in cities. And that's a challenge. Come find out more about megacities with Andrew Marr.
- What is the great story of our time?
- How many mega-cities are there? Mention 4.
- How many people arrive in Dhaka every year?
- How is Mexico City described?
- How many people will live in cities in the year 2050?
- How did Shanghai’s richest man make his money?
- How fast is Shanghai changing?
- What type of building is the Shard in London?
- Who is the highest man up?
- What does it seem, is it that new skyscrapers are trying to say?
- Who are at the top of those buildings?
- How much does the apartment Andrew is going to visit cost?
- How does the family who live in the slums feel about their home?
- Where does Musharaf come from?
- What happens to Andrew during the night? Which animals does he refer to?
- What is the “natural unit” for people to live in, in Andrew’s opinion?
- What does the specific symbol on Shanghai buildings mean?
- What happens to the old inhabitants of that part of the city?
- How many new houses are built on the edge of the city every month?
- Tokyo struggles with ___?
- What would it do to Andrew to live in such a “flat”?
- Tokyo is a city with very high ___ [not buildings!]?
- What can Tokyo do to some people, like it did to Ugo?
- Which type of events are rented people rented for the most?
- How is it that so many people get killed in Mexico city?
- What is the “up side” to the city?
- What is the purpose for some people to go to taco stands?
- Sunday is ___? And Andrew calls Mexico City a ___ place.
- Even London is now getting friendlier. How?
- London is more open, more ___?
- Sometimes you have to go far to know what __?
1: Who is Alan (Lord) Sugar?
2: What football club did he own?
3: Where does he live?
4: How rich do you have to be to live where Alan lives?
5: How many bedrooms does the house have?
6: What was the company called that Alan made?
7: How did Alan feel about his first big deal?
8: How much money did he make with this big deal?
9: What did the company make?
10: Wich (two) cars does he have?
11: What does his own license plate say?
12: Why does he pay 30M Dollars for a jet?
13: Why do people think that he is Australian?
14: What did Anne think about Alan buying the football club?
15: Why did everyone suddenly hate Alan?
16: What sort of restaurant did they go?
17: What does Alan think why their marriage survived for so long?
18: What did Anne think when she saw Alan for the first time?
19: What kind of game do Morgan and Alan play?
20: What television programme does Alan watch a lot?
21: How expensive is the blue/white bike?
22: What made Anne's dad decide that Alan was allowed to marry Anne?
23: What was the name of Alan's school?
24: What happened on the first day of school for Alan?
25: How did Alan get friends again?
The main goal here is to get a discussion going on where education is headed.
Another idea might also be to connect an internet assignment to it [Who is Ken
Robinson, how does he get his ideas across, what are his main ideas, do you agree
with what he's saying, what strikes a chord, what doesn't etc etc.]
Care for a full English? How did that come into being anyway?
01. What can we find in a traditional English breakfast? Mention 3 things.
02. What is another name for it?
03. What time of the day can you eat "a full English"?
04. When were you supposed to eat first in the day in the Middle Ages?
05. Why was "meat" forbidden at first?
06. What are you not allowed to eat during "lent" [=vasten]?
07. Is pig keeping a lot of work?
08. How long would a mediaeval family have to make do with one pig?
09. What would be used to "cure" [=save] the pig in?
10. Was breakfast different according to which class you were in?
11. Which type of meat was the favourite kind of the English aristocracy?
12. The lady in the barn prepares the eggs in an old-fashioned way. How?
13. Where does the "omelet" come from?
14. The new way of cooking meant that __________ could be regulated better.
15. Who were the first to drink tea?
16. In which famous novel did the first sof-boilt egg appear?
17. How long would people go on hunting parties for?
18. Regarding breakfast; what could ladies also do?
19. After a late night at cards, where would the gentleman sleep?