We Are What We Eat | The Food Documentary
Care for a full English? How did that come into being anyway?
01. What can we find in a traditional English breakfast? Mention 3 things.
02. What is another name for it?
03. What time of the day can you eat "a full English"?
04. When were you supposed to eat first in the day in the Middle Ages?
05. Why was "meat" forbidden at first?
06. What are you not allowed to eat during "lent" [=vasten]?
07. Is pig keeping a lot of work?
08. How long would a mediaeval family have to make do with one pig?
09. What would be used to "cure" [=save] the pig in?
10. Was breakfast different according to which class you were in?
11. Which type of meat was the favourite kind of the English aristocracy?
12. The lady in the barn prepares the eggs in an old-fashioned way. How?
13. Where does the "omelet" come from?
14. The new way of cooking meant that __________ could be regulated better.
15. Who were the first to drink tea?
16. In which famous novel did the first sof-boilt egg appear?
17. How long would people go on hunting parties for?
18. Regarding breakfast; what could ladies also do?
19. After a late night at cards, where would the gentleman sleep?