slider1_ new_0020_Laag 3.jpg
Start at 3'00"
01. Which sports team trains at Stratford?
02. Which item are the teams supposed to make?
03. How are they supposed to make money?
04. Which words does Karen use to show her surprise?
05. Does Claude believe in Samuel's idea?
06. How is the video for the headphones coming along?
07. What does Claude say about Karthak's part?
08. What does Sofiane say Paul has?
09. What seems to be missing in the headphones campaign?
10. Where is the blue team stationed?
11. What did JD forget to check?
12. How does the yellow team generate attention?
13. How does Karthak insult Elana?
14. How long will the websites remain online?
15. How did it go at Waterloo, according to Claude?
16. Who wrote the lyrics to the song?
17. Is JD considered a good team leader?
18. What does lord Sugar find annoying?
19. Who fight it out in the pub?
20. What was Sofiane's job at the pitch, says Karen?
21. Who does JD choose to go back into the boardroom with him?
22. Which word did JD use as a catchphrase?
23. What is Rebecca's expertise?
24. Who gets fired?
01. How many candidates do we still have?
02. Where is the meet?
03. Where are they going to sell their products?
04. What happens on the first team?
05. What does the subteam say about Sofiane?
06. What does Dillon like about the scarves?
07. What does Grainne say about Mukai?
08. What does Frances ask tomorrow's client?
09. What does Claude say about the window display?
10. What did Dillon forget to ask the future client on the phone?
11. What is Karthik doing?
12. How did Dillon do, in his own opinion?
13. Who did Dillon want on his team?
14. When does the trading end?
15. How did team Titans do? Did the PM do well?
16. How much budget did the client have?
17. What did Paul think should be sold?
18. Who won?
19. By how much did the losing team lose?
20. Why did they choose the handbags?
21. What was a mistake that was made in the window display?
22. Why did Rebecca sell less?
23. Why did Grainne not put Karthik on the shop floor?
24. Who gets fired?
01. In which part of London are we?
02. This week's task is to come up with a __________
03. How many days do they have?
04. What happened to Rebecca?
05. Why are they out on the street?
06. What is Claude trying to point out?
07. What happens when Jessica learns she has forgotten the jeans?
08. What happened with the boys interactive billboard?
09. What are they supposed to do on day 2?
10. Which setting do the girls choose?
11. Where do the boys shoot their ad?
12. What does Karen think of the girls choice of song?
13. What gets delivered in the morning?
14. What do the girls ask Jessica?
15. Which feedback do the girls get regarding their product?
16. At the pitch, what happens to the boys' team leader?
17. What does unisex mean?
18. What does Lord Sugar do after the pitches were over?
Go to 48'50"
19. Which product will Lord Sugar put his name to?
20. Lord Sugar asks Oliver and Nathalie what they actually did?
21. The end result is unique: who will get back into the boardroom later?
22. Who gets fired?
01. When was the Drury Lane Theatre Royal built?
02. Which musical is played here?
03. What are they supposed to make this time?
04. Where do the subteams go?
05. What seems to be the problem with the rock [= zuurstok]?
06. How does Rebecca do in her deal?
07. How much of the pillow candy did they sell?
08. What happens to Elena?
09. Where do they sell their goods from?
10. What is missing in Oliver's team?
11. What does Karen notice?
12. How is the beach team doing?
13. Why is Paul complaining?
14. How is Elena's team doing?
15. What happened to the hedge?
16. What does Oliver normally do [for a living]?
17. How much profit did the Titans make?
18. What do the winners get?
19. What does Alexandra feel?
20. How much money did Paul make on the day?
21. Who does Oliver bring back into the boardroom?
22. Who gets fired?
01. What was the goal in the Civil War?
02. What is the language spoken in the South?
03. What starts at the beginning of West Virginia?
04. How big is the coal mine?
05. What happens before a collapse?
06. Why aren’t stallions allowed to smell mares?
07. What’s pimping on a massive scale?
08. What surprises Stephen most at the auction?
09. Where do the bars at the window come from?
10. What’s Stephen doing at the end when he comments on the taste of a particular brandy?
11. What type of music making goes on here?
12. What’s the band’s name?
13. What’s the point of the body farm?
14. What does Stephen wonder, after seeing his first dead body?
15. How does Becca cope in her work?
16. What can insects tell you about a decomposing body?
17. What’s the bear doing?
18. What does Stephen think of the American landscape?
19. What is Gulla? Who speak it?
20. Why do some young people wear the confederate flag?
21. Why is Thanksgiving day celebrated?
22. What happens when Stephen clicks his teeth when he’s on the horse?
23. What’s remarkable about the two old ladies on the porch?
24. What’s more south, but not in the South anymore?
25. What does Stephen think of Miami?
26. Miami beach is different. In what style was it designed?
27. He is further south, but culturally and spiritually Florida is …?
28. What is the job of the gentlemen in the dance hall?
29. What will be Stephen’s first stop in Alabama?
30. What do the three parole people consider when the inmates get to plea their case?
31. Allegedly [apparently] many inmates have found … who?
32. The scale of the sports event indicates what?
33. To sum up America: preposterous, incredibly laughable, impressive, charming, ridiculous, expensive, overpopulated, ___________________.
[Start questions after 15 mins]
1. What does the team leader for the girls' team decide to do to / with the clothes?
2. Why is the boys' team leader having a hard time leading the team?
3. Why is it hard to find where the washing powder [detergent] should go?
4. Karen uses the word "banter". What does it mean here?
5. David is forced to change his tactics. How?
6. The girl in braces [Amy] seems to have her very own style of selling. What is it?
7. Karen comments on the boys' move from the shopping centre. What does she say?
8. What is Max' job / task during the car boot sale?
9. The boys end up selling all their bags for ... How much?
[Video on harddisc]
01. How much is Lord Sugar worth?
02. Which item do the candidates need to hand in first?
03. What is meant with business "acumen"?
04. How many candidates do we have? And how many weeks?
05. What is this week's task?
06. What will the boys' team be called?
07. How early do they need to get up the next day?
08. What are the girls forgetting about?
09. What do the girls use the experts for?
10. How much do the boys sell the chair for? But what happens?
11. Which mistake did the girls make with the van?
12. Which tip is given to the boys on how to sell?
13. What was the whole point of having experts?
14. Why did the boys turn down sales?
15. Who won?
16. Who do the girls want to blame?
17. What is Claude's comment as to how the girls were selling?
18. Who gets fired?
Watch the video and answer the following questions as best you can in proper English:
01. What did the woman tape to the floor? What’s the word?
02. What’s a Pan-ariest?
03. Louis asks him for a favour. What is it?
04. What did his daughter experience in high school?
05. What confused Louis even more late at night?
06. Why does Tom have a manager?
07. Public speaking is not what Tom usually does but now he’s going to speak at an ___?
08. Louis makes it a little exciting with Skip the Skinhead by suggesting he’s …?
09. Why does Louis feel it’s time to leave after Skip runs into the house?
10. Are the skinheads co-operative with Louis?
11. Why doesn’t the movement need “the general public”?
12. Lamb and Lynx are next on Louis’s list?
13. Do the girls go to school?
14. What would April do if one of the girls would come home with a black boyfriend?
15. What Louis call himself?
16. What does April say was the biggest gift her father gave her?
17. Why are John and Tom going to Mexico?
18. What does Tom say he used to head in California?
Where do you stand in all this? What is your opinion?
Before watching answer these questions, please:
01. Would you ever hold hands with or touch a stranger? Why / why not?
02. Do you think it's possible to feel an emotion for someone you have never met?
03. Would you consider giving up some privacy for the sake of art?
While watching, answer the following questions:
04. What makes the couples special?
05. What is a sign of awkwardness at first?
After watching, talk to your neighbour about the following:
06. How do you feel after watching this video?
07. Has it brought on some unexpected idea?
One of the bravest people in the world: very worthwhile material to teach values.
Watch the videoclip and answer the following questions as best you can:
01. What does Lizzie mention is a benefit to being visually impaired?
02. Which fluid was absent when she was still growing inside her mum?
03. What did the doctors tell her mum Lizzie would never be able to do?
04. How did she look at herself when she was five?
05. What did she wear on her first day to school?
06. After she came home, which advice did her parents give her?
07. What are things Lizzie mentions that some people feel defines them?
08. Which central question does she pose to the audience?
09. How many views did the 8 second video of her have?
10. What awful thing did a complete stranger tell her?
11. What did that do to Lizzie? How did she respond?
12. Mention two of her goals in life.
13. Which ones has she accomplished already?
Take two minutes to think first and then, only then start to write down what defines you.
And is that in accordance with what you think should define you?
Do you know people who are defined by the 'wrong' things, from your perspective?
If so, what are they?
Which feeling lingers on after having watched Lizzie's tale?
01. What is Stephen going to do in this series?
02. Who will he meet over the next four episodes?
03. In what year did homosexuality become legal in Britain?
04. Why does Stephen cry at the wedding?
05. When did he "come out" himself and who inspired this?
06. What is the name of the parade we see in London?
07. Stephen talks about kids in the playground, aged kindergarten age, why?
08. What did Farshad's boyfriend say was done to him, in order to save his own life?
09. Which foreign country is going backwards in its treatment of gay people?
10. Which physical problems can be caused by doing sodomy, according to the pastor?
11. The pastor goes on about the anus, while Stephen tries to talk about ...
12. The pastor doesn't call homosexuality a disease, but an ...
13. Fat boy has a different view. Why does he want the law to pass?
14. And on ...
[Ask the students to make more questions while watching the episode]
It is estimated that in 2050 75% of the world population will reside in cities. And that's a challenge. Come find out more about megacities with Andrew Marr.