What did the speaker do to create an ultimate ted talk?
Why is the topic you choose important?
Why are topics like happiness, emotions, people and food the most popular in the audience?
What is said about the length of a TedTalk if you want to make your audience laugh or have a beautiful TedTalk?
It is okay for the speaker to ____. Finish this sentence.
What decides the most important thing on stage?
What does the ted-pad do?
Why was this speaker so succesful in this TedTalk?
Watch the video and answer these questions:
01. "Reckless, 50% chance of __________?" What?
02. Which other sport will be transformed with "Risk Nothing"?
03. What happened to the originals?
04. Why are they all gathered in the "museum"?
05. "You play like it's just a game". How do the clones play?
06. If the originals lose the game, what will they do?
07. When will a team have won the match?
After watching the video answer these questions:
08. How far are we with cloning?
09. Would you consider having a cloned pet?
10. Come up with one other, interesting question, so your teacher can improve this assignment even further.
1. While listening to the song, fill in the gaps.
2. While listening to the song, correct the spelling errors. There are 10 in total.
3. After you are done, check the assignment at the bottom.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’97
If I could offer you only one tip for the future,
sunscreen would be it.
The long term bennefits of sunscreen have been __________ by scientists
whereas the rest of my advice has no basis
more relyable than my own __________ experience
I will dispense this advice now.
Enjoy the power and beauty of your __________;
oh never mind;
you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have __________.
But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photoes of yourself
and recall in a way you can’t __________ now
how much possibility lay before you and how faboulous you really looked.
You’re not as fat as you imagine.
Don’t worry about the future;
or worry, but know that worrying is as efective as trying to solve an algebra __________ by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind;
the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.
Do one thing everyday that scares you [OR ...]
Sing [OR ...]
Don’t be __________ with other people’s hearts,
don’t put up with people who are __________ with yours.
Floss [OR ...]
Don’t waste your time on jelousy;
sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind
the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
Remember the compliments you __________ , forget the insults;
if you suceed in doing this, tell me how.
Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank __________.
Stretch [OR ...]
Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life
the most interresting people I know didn’t know at 22
what they wanted to do with their lifes,
some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t.
Get plenty of __________ .
Be kind to your knees,
you’ll miss them when they’re gone.
Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll have children, maybe you won’t,
maybe you’ll divorce at 40,
maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding annyversary
what ever you do, don’t __________ yourself too much
or berate yourself either
your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.
Enjoy your body, use it every way you can
don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it,
it’s the greatest __________ you’ll ever own...
Dance, [OR ...]
even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
Read the directions,
even if you don’t follow them.
Do NOT read beauty magazines,
they will only make you feel ugly.
Get to know your parents,
you never know when they’ll be __________ for good.
Be nice to your __________ ;
they are the best link to your past
and the people most likely to __________ with you in the future.
Understand that friends come and go,
but for the __________ few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography in __________
because the older you get,
the more you need the people you knew when you were young.
Live in New York City once,
but leave before it makes you hard;
live in Northern California once,
but leave before it makes you soft.
Travel. [OR ...]
Accept certain __________ truths, prices will rise,
politicians will philander,
you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize
that when you were young prices were reasonable,
politicians were __________
and children respected their elders.
Respect your elders. [OR ...]
Don’t expect anyone else to support you.
Maybe you have a trust fund,
maybe you have a wealthy __________ ;
but you never know when either one might __________ .
Don’t mess too much with your hair,
or by the time you're 40, it will look __________ .
Be careful whose advice you buy,
but, be patient with those who supply it.
Advice is a form of __________ ,
dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal,
wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts
and __________ it for more than it’s worth.
But trust me on the sunscreen.
4. Choose one OR and add what you think will happen if you don't do what the singer advises you to do.
5. Compare your answer to your neighbour. Select one to pitch to the class.
01. When does Lord Sugar want to meet the candidates?
02. Which field of business are they all in? Mention 2.
03. How much money has Lord Sugar already invested in previous winners?
04. What does Claude say about her performance?
05. What does Courtney say how Claude feels?
06. What does Claude say to Elana as to her character?
07. What is Courtney doing in the elevator?
08. Why did Grainne not show her business plan to anyone?
09. What is Jessica told about her manufacturing in the UK?
10. What does Claude say to Courtney?
11. What does Claude do after Courtney finally opens up?
12. Why is Jessica a bit hyped?
13. What is Courtney asked to draw?
14. What is Courtney's year salary?
15. What is Jessica's business name?
16. Which benefit does Elana's business have?
17. What is Grainne's problem?
18. What does Elana want next to the investment?
19. Does it help if you mention you are Lord Sugar's partner?
20. Who gets fired next?
21. Who is the first finalist?
01. We face challenges but the good news is that mankind is __________?
02. How many people did the world contain in 10,000 BC?
03. When did the world population change drastically?
04. In which area has the population risen the most?
05. Which country is growing the fastest?
06. How is Talisma trying to help women?
07. How many babies per woman were born in 1972?
08. How many in 1963?
09. What does Hans Rosling call women like Tasmina?
10. "The problem is not lack (= shortage) of knowledge it's __________".
11. What is the main reason to have a small family?
12. Why did the population not grow exponentially in 1800?
13. At which number will the fast growth of the population stop? And in which year?
14. How many people does one block represent?
15. So how far will the population continue to grow?
16. What will happen to population growth in Europe in 2050?
17. How much % of the population will be from the "old West" in the year 2100?
18. What will be the future of Africa?
19. What has changed in Mozambique?
20. Which type of surgery is done on pregnant women now?
21. In which areas can the real challenge be found?
22. What is Andrea saving up for?
23. How much money do poor people earn on average per day?
01. How many weeks until the final?
02. Which product are they promoting this week?
03. What has to go together perfectly, in Karen's eyes?
04. What are they working on on the first day?
05. What are they doing in East London?
06. Which ingredient is weird in Elana's choice?
07. Which name does Courtney have for his gin?
08. What is happening with the colony gin team?
09. What does Courtney say about the taste?
10. Who will lead the first pitch with the girls?
11. What does Claude have to say about Courtney's pitch?
12. Elena says they'll taste __________.
13. What happens while Frances is presenting?
14. How does Courtney do on the Tesco pitch?
15. What happened on Trishna's pitch?
16. How does Courtney's team pitch do with the pubs?
17. How come the girls didn't answer the phone?
18. How did Giin do? How much did Giin get ordered?
19. What does Frances say should have happened on her team?
20. What did Trishna say to changing the colour?
21. Why does Groinne apologize to Trishna?
22. What does Trishna say to Frances?
23. Who does Lord Sugar fire?
01. Which world are they entering today?
02. What are they supposed to do today?
03. How are they dressed while working?
04. At what time do they leave the house?
05. Which point is Dillon making in the car?
06. What is Courtney pitching to Trishna?
07. For what occasion are the teams dressing up?
08. What does Trishna think of the name?
09. What is missing in Galactic Gordon's game logo?
10. When do they present their game? At what time?
11. What did they ask about the main character?
12. What did Sofian say about their own pitch? How did it go?
13. Why did Trishna choose Courtney as the subteam leader?
14. Lord Sugar is no gamer, but he understands massive __________.
15. What did Courtney do?
16. What does Courtney look like, in Karen's eyes?
17. How did Jessica do on the pitch?
18. Who is Coral Kid aimed at?
19. What did Sofian do wrong at the pitch?
20. Who got the interest of the experts? And the popular vote?
21. Dillon mentions what he thinks the problem was.
22. What is Dillon's critique of the logo?
23. Elana is quite critical about Sofian and Dillon: what does she say?
24. Lord Sugar criticizes the pitch. Who sets him straight?
25. Who gets fired?
01. Where is the meet?
02. Where is team Nebula's venue [=place]?
03. Which entertainment is chosen for Madame Tussaud's?
04. How can they boost their profit on the night itself?
05. Who is selling the most tickets at 35 pounds?
06. What does Dillon ask at the aquarium?
07. What does Paul say are the prices now?
08. What is the problem with the mermaid?
09. How does Paul feel when he hears what they sold the tickets for?
10. How does Dillon want the team to sell the tickets?
11. What does Paul do with the subteam?
12. What does Claude say he'd expect as food?
13. How long does it take to create a wax figure [doll]?
14. What does Claude have to say about the canapés? [food]
15. How was Trishna's tour?
16. What happens to Dillon's hot food?
17. What is Paul talking about with his guests?
18. What is Claude's comment after that?
19. What does Karen say the "Dillon"-party was like?
20. What was the main idea? To go for customer __________
21. Where did they fail to sell the tickets?
22. How much were Paul's tickets at first?
23. Which team won?
24. How does Jessica feel?
25. What was the average price of the losing team's tickets?
26. Lord Sugar didn't like a row [fight] right in front of the customers. How does Paul react?
27. What does Francis get blamed for?
28. How does Lord Sugar react to Paul about Jessica?
29. Lord Sugar talks to Paul: "he is showing his __________".
30. Who gets fired?
01. What do they need to pack?
02. Where do they meet?
03. What does Karthik do wrong right away? Where does Karthik place Patrick?
04. Where do they go next?
05. What does Elana say about Karthik?
06. Which comment does Karen make regarding their behavior at the jetski?
07. Which middle range product do both teams want?
08. Why did team Nebula not get the jetski?
09. What do the changing robes cost?
10. What does Claude say about Grainne & Courtney? What are they kind of forgetting?
11. Why does Karthik not change his clothes?
12. What does Elana day to Dillon?
13. When will we find out about final takes?
-- The Boardroom --
14. Which mistake did the jetski couple make in the morning?
15. Did Elana sell anything?
16. How has Francis done in the Apprentice so far?
17. What does Karen say happened with the jetski?
18. How does the team value Francis as a team leader?
19. Who won?
-- go to 50" --
20. What does Claude say about Courtney?
21. What did Dillon get wrong?
22. Which word does Lord Sugar use for Karthak's performance?
23. What did Samuel do when selling?
24. What does Claude say to Samuel?
25. Who gets fired?
Start at 3'00"
01. Where are they meeting Lord Sugar?
02. How high is the Shard?
03. What is today's task?
04. What do the teams do first?
05. When does Courtney's team leave?
06. Where is Paul from? Which part of that city?
07. How much does the other team pay for the lenga?
08. Where are they buying the cigars?
09. How does Karen feel about the strategy they use?
10. Why can't Jessica buy any African soap?
11. What doesn't Courtney realize, according to Karen?
12. What is the price of Courtney's poster?
13. Do both teams make it back in time?
14. What is a rambutan?
15. What did Jessica use as a tactic to get the cigars?
16. What do cabbies in London train for?
17. Does Lord Sugar approve of the tactic used for the cigars?
18. What did the team think of Courtney's leadership skills?
19. What is the winners' prize?
20. How does Lord Sugar describe the soap issue?
21. What was the team's first strategy?
22. What did Sophien lack in team work?
23. Who gets fired in the end?
Start at 3'00"
01. Which sports team trains at Stratford?
02. Which item are the teams supposed to make?
03. How are they supposed to make money?
04. Which words does Karen use to show her surprise?
05. Does Claude believe in Samuel's idea?
06. How is the video for the headphones coming along?
07. What does Claude say about Karthak's part?
08. What does Sofiane say Paul has?
09. What seems to be missing in the headphones campaign?
10. Where is the blue team stationed?
11. What did JD forget to check?
12. How does the yellow team generate attention?
13. How does Karthak insult Elana?
14. How long will the websites remain online?
15. How did it go at Waterloo, according to Claude?
16. Who wrote the lyrics to the song?
17. Is JD considered a good team leader?
18. What does lord Sugar find annoying?
19. Who fight it out in the pub?
20. What was Sofiane's job at the pitch, says Karen?
21. Who does JD choose to go back into the boardroom with him?
22. Which word did JD use as a catchphrase?
23. What is Rebecca's expertise?
24. Who gets fired?
01. How many candidates do we still have?
02. Where is the meet?
03. Where are they going to sell their products?
04. What happens on the first team?
05. What does the subteam say about Sofiane?
06. What does Dillon like about the scarves?
07. What does Grainne say about Mukai?
08. What does Frances ask tomorrow's client?
09. What does Claude say about the window display?
10. What did Dillon forget to ask the future client on the phone?
11. What is Karthik doing?
12. How did Dillon do, in his own opinion?
13. Who did Dillon want on his team?
14. When does the trading end?
15. How did team Titans do? Did the PM do well?
16. How much budget did the client have?
17. What did Paul think should be sold?
18. Who won?
19. By how much did the losing team lose?
20. Why did they choose the handbags?
21. What was a mistake that was made in the window display?
22. Why did Rebecca sell less?
23. Why did Grainne not put Karthik on the shop floor?
24. Who gets fired?
01. In which part of London are we?
02. This week's task is to come up with a __________
03. How many days do they have?
04. What happened to Rebecca?
05. Why are they out on the street?
06. What is Claude trying to point out?
07. What happens when Jessica learns she has forgotten the jeans?
08. What happened with the boys interactive billboard?
09. What are they supposed to do on day 2?
10. Which setting do the girls choose?
11. Where do the boys shoot their ad?
12. What does Karen think of the girls choice of song?
13. What gets delivered in the morning?
14. What do the girls ask Jessica?
15. Which feedback do the girls get regarding their product?
16. At the pitch, what happens to the boys' team leader?
17. What does unisex mean?
18. What does Lord Sugar do after the pitches were over?
Go to 48'50"
19. Which product will Lord Sugar put his name to?
20. Lord Sugar asks Oliver and Nathalie what they actually did?
21. The end result is unique: who will get back into the boardroom later?
22. Who gets fired?
01. When was the Drury Lane Theatre Royal built?
02. Which musical is played here?
03. What are they supposed to make this time?
04. Where do the subteams go?
05. What seems to be the problem with the rock [= zuurstok]?
06. How does Rebecca do in her deal?
07. How much of the pillow candy did they sell?
08. What happens to Elena?
09. Where do they sell their goods from?
10. What is missing in Oliver's team?
11. What does Karen notice?
12. How is the beach team doing?
13. Why is Paul complaining?
14. How is Elena's team doing?
15. What happened to the hedge?
16. What does Oliver normally do [for a living]?
17. How much profit did the Titans make?
18. What do the winners get?
19. What does Alexandra feel?
20. How much money did Paul make on the day?
21. Who does Oliver bring back into the boardroom?
22. Who gets fired?
01. What was the goal in the Civil War?
02. What is the language spoken in the South?
03. What starts at the beginning of West Virginia?
04. How big is the coal mine?
05. What happens before a collapse?
06. Why aren’t stallions allowed to smell mares?
07. What’s pimping on a massive scale?
08. What surprises Stephen most at the auction?
09. Where do the bars at the window come from?
10. What’s Stephen doing at the end when he comments on the taste of a particular brandy?
11. What type of music making goes on here?
12. What’s the band’s name?
13. What’s the point of the body farm?
14. What does Stephen wonder, after seeing his first dead body?
15. How does Becca cope in her work?
16. What can insects tell you about a decomposing body?
17. What’s the bear doing?
18. What does Stephen think of the American landscape?
19. What is Gulla? Who speak it?
20. Why do some young people wear the confederate flag?
21. Why is Thanksgiving day celebrated?
22. What happens when Stephen clicks his teeth when he’s on the horse?
23. What’s remarkable about the two old ladies on the porch?
24. What’s more south, but not in the South anymore?
25. What does Stephen think of Miami?
26. Miami beach is different. In what style was it designed?
27. He is further south, but culturally and spiritually Florida is …?
28. What is the job of the gentlemen in the dance hall?
29. What will be Stephen’s first stop in Alabama?
30. What do the three parole people consider when the inmates get to plea their case?
31. Allegedly [apparently] many inmates have found … who?
32. The scale of the sports event indicates what?
33. To sum up America: preposterous, incredibly laughable, impressive, charming, ridiculous, expensive, overpopulated, ___________________.
[Start questions after 15 mins]
1. What does the team leader for the girls' team decide to do to / with the clothes?
2. Why is the boys' team leader having a hard time leading the team?
3. Why is it hard to find where the washing powder [detergent] should go?
4. Karen uses the word "banter". What does it mean here?
5. David is forced to change his tactics. How?
6. The girl in braces [Amy] seems to have her very own style of selling. What is it?
7. Karen comments on the boys' move from the shopping centre. What does she say?
8. What is Max' job / task during the car boot sale?
9. The boys end up selling all their bags for ... How much?
- What is the name of the girls' team?
- How is the team leader of the girls' team [Ashleigh] described?
- What was the end result for the boys?
- What is the winners' treat?
- What has been Patrick's task on this occasion?
- Who does Karren stick up for?
- Which two boys very nearly get into an argument?
- Lord Sugar has the final say. What does he base his decision on?
[Video on harddisc]
01. How much is Lord Sugar worth?
02. Which item do the candidates need to hand in first?
03. What is meant with business "acumen"?
04. How many candidates do we have? And how many weeks?
05. What is this week's task?
06. What will the boys' team be called?
07. How early do they need to get up the next day?
08. What are the girls forgetting about?
09. What do the girls use the experts for?
10. How much do the boys sell the chair for? But what happens?
11. Which mistake did the girls make with the van?
12. Which tip is given to the boys on how to sell?
13. What was the whole point of having experts?
14. Why did the boys turn down sales?
15. Who won?
16. Who do the girls want to blame?
17. What is Claude's comment as to how the girls were selling?
18. Who gets fired?
Watch the video and answer the following questions as best you can in proper English:
01. What did the woman tape to the floor? What’s the word?
02. What’s a Pan-ariest?
03. Louis asks him for a favour. What is it?
04. What did his daughter experience in high school?
05. What confused Louis even more late at night?
06. Why does Tom have a manager?
07. Public speaking is not what Tom usually does but now he’s going to speak at an ___?
08. Louis makes it a little exciting with Skip the Skinhead by suggesting he’s …?
09. Why does Louis feel it’s time to leave after Skip runs into the house?
10. Are the skinheads co-operative with Louis?
11. Why doesn’t the movement need “the general public”?
12. Lamb and Lynx are next on Louis’s list?
13. Do the girls go to school?
14. What would April do if one of the girls would come home with a black boyfriend?
15. What Louis call himself?
16. What does April say was the biggest gift her father gave her?
17. Why are John and Tom going to Mexico?
18. What does Tom say he used to head in California?
Where do you stand in all this? What is your opinion?
Before watching answer these questions, please:
01. Would you ever hold hands with or touch a stranger? Why / why not?
02. Do you think it's possible to feel an emotion for someone you have never met?
03. Would you consider giving up some privacy for the sake of art?
While watching, answer the following questions:
04. What makes the couples special?
05. What is a sign of awkwardness at first?
After watching, talk to your neighbour about the following:
06. How do you feel after watching this video?
07. Has it brought on some unexpected idea?